Boardsmanship is Our Business
Education's complex challenges require leaders who can study problems from a variety of perspectives. Because societal and educational issues cut across disciplines and professional boundaries, school policy makers must possess a vast range of knowledge
and experience—school law, curriculum, finance, labor and community relations, policy and budgets, not to mention bond campaigns, lobbying, special education and parliamentary procedure.
Through conferences, workshops, drive-in seminars, and a year-round schedule of classes, MASB serves member needs for training. MASB helps new and veteran trustees build their knowledge and sharpen their boardsmanship and leadership skills.
Benefits of Participation
- Active participation in MASB gives you the tools to shape public education in your community and a voice in Michigan legislation.
- By participating in MASB training, you develop the skills needed to oversee the education of students in your district.
- Your involvement in MASB gives you the confidence to make the best decisions for everyone — the board, the district and especially the kids!
- When you participate in MASB events you build a network of resources to overcome challenges and celebrate successes.
- The knowledge you gain from participating in MASB shows your entire school district community that you are accountable.
- MASB training keeps you informed of current issues facing boards so you can efficiently deal with legal matters, tight budgets and policy decisions.