MASB will assist your board in completing the essential elements of a timely and professional superintendent search and selection. We also offer a complimentary presearch workshop.
- Establish timeline customized to your district's specific needs
- Solicit staff and community input
- Develop selection criteria
- Develop interview questions and evaluation instruments
- Post vacancy notices through state and national channels
- Advertise vacancy in education publications
- Exposure on the Internet
- Solicit applications for position
- Resume review/screening
- Effective group interviews
- Telephone reference checks
- District visitation
- Team decision-making
- Continuous interaction
- Follow-up correspondence
- Contract/salary information
- Legal guidelines
- Experienced staff
- Board/new superintendent support
Complimentary Presearch Workshop
MASB offers school districts a complimentary training on superintendent selection upon request. This training is intended to educate board members about superintendent selection prior to their embarking on a search and to help to put all board members
on common ground. This is not a sales pitch.
The district is responsible for paying related travel expenses. Consultant services are complimentary.