Many presenters have provided us with handouts, presentation slides and other materials, which are available for download below. We will continue to update this page as presenters provide us with their materials. All files are PDF unless otherwise noted.
Download Acrobat Reader
Early Bird Workshop
Thursday, Oct. 22 • Noon – 3 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 23 • 8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
- Brain-STEM: Growing the Best Brains Possible
Saturday, Oct. 24 • 2 – 3:15 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 23 • 9:45 – 11 a.m.
- Benefit Cost Savings Through Strategic Evaluation
Tina Marie Wohlfield, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Compliance/Human Resources Consultant, Arthur J. Gallagher Co.
- Essential Building Blocks of Interdisciplinary Understanding
- Leveraging Small Town Resources to Create Big City Impact
Holly McCaw, Director of Communications, Otsego Public Schools; Bonnie Pfingst, Marketing Assistant & Performing Arts Center Coordinator, Plainwell Community Schools; Thomas Scheidel, Public & Media Relations Coordinator, Allegan AESA; and Joni VanNieuwenhuyzen, Public Relations Specialist, Allegan Public Schools
- The New EDGAR has Arrived: Policy and Compliance Issues for School Leaders
Brad Banasik, Legal Counsel and Director of Labor Relations & Policy, MASB and Richard Clapp, Ph.D., President & CEO, NEOLA
- Virtual Learning Effectiveness in Michigan
Friday, Oct. 23 • 1:15 - 2:30 p.m.
- Assessing, Designing and Implementing Change in Educational Environments
Paul Salah, Associate Superintendent, Wayne RESA
- Bargaining is Near—Is Your Data Ready?
Joel Gerring, Assistant Legal Counsel, MASB
- Building a Key Communicators’ Network
Holly McCaw, Director of Communications, Otsego Public Schools
- Macomb 2020: A Model for Blended and Hybrid Learning
Janice Harding, Interactive Learning Consultant, Kristi Hineman, Math Consultant and Jennifer Parker-Moore, Ed.D., Instructional Technology and School Data Consultant, Macomb ISD
- SAT Transition and Redesign Overview
Wendy Zdeb-Roper, Executive Director, Michigan Association of Secondary School Principals
Saturday, Oct. 24 • 9:15 – 10:30 a.m.
- 21st Century Education: Meeting the Learner's Needs
Ashlie O’Connor, Instructional Technology & Data Coach, Alcona Community Schools
- Cultivating a Culture of Care for a System of Student Success
Reginald Kirkland, Intervention Specialist, The Edceleration Group, Inc.
- Engage Your District and Community in Advocacy
Steve Hyer, Board Member and Dr. Rod Rock, Superintendent, Clarkston Community Schools; and Jennifer Smith, Director of Government Relations, MASB
- Minimizing the Cost of Special Education Complaints
David Gruber, Project Director and Cheryl Levine, Program Coordinator, Michigan Special Education Mediation Program
- Welcome New Staff Members and Change Culture Simultaneously
Cindy Gansen, Board Member, Lisa Hagel, Ed.D., Superintendent and Jerry Ragsdale, Board Member, Genesee ISD
Saturday, Oct. 24 • 10:45 a.m. – noon
- Developing Cultural Proficiency in Your District
Theresa Saunders, Ed.D., Consultant, Michigan Department of Education
- Governance Behaviors That Impact Student Achievement
Donna Oser, CAE, Director of Leadership Development and Executive Search Services and Debbie Stair, Board Development Manager, MASB
- Learning From the Marshall/Albion School Education Cooperative
Raymond Davis, Attorney, Thrun Law Firm, PC
- Local Wellness Policy Promotes Healthy School Environments
- Roadmap to Perfection: How Your District can Achieve a Perfect Fiscal Indicator Score of ZERO
Buzz Brown, Chief Operating Officer & Co-Founder and Bob Kittle, President & Co-Founder, Munetrix; and Sherman Williams, Board Member, Pontiac School District
- Start With Focus: Turning Goals Into Action
Cindy Gansen, Board Member, Genesee ISD; and Patricia Reeves, Ph.D., Associate Executive Director for Administrative Certification & Endorsement and Linda Wacyk, Director of Communications, Michigan Association of School Administrators
- Understanding Your Annual Audit
Carol Schachermeyer, Senior Manager and Adriane Schrauben, Shareholder, Hungerford Nichols
Saturday, Oct. 24 • 3:30 – 4:45 p.m.
- Building Elementary School Coding Clubs
Lori Banaszak, Technology Integration Specialist and Sharon Cain, Media Specialist, Clarkston Community Schools
- MAPing Your Way to Success
Sue Carnell, Superintendent, Westwood Community Schools
- Redefining Skilled Trades for Student Success
Jimmy Greene, CEO & President, Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. and Peter R. Wiltse, Board Member, Freeland Community School District
- Stop Micromanaging, Start Governing: Rethinking Your Board Governance Structure
Geri Rinschler, Superintendent and Lori Soifer, Retired Board Member, Birmingham Public Schools