Education Excellence Awards
EDEX2.0: An Invitation to Innovation
We've heard from many of you that it has been a busy year and that the inclement weather has been a further challenge. We want to be responsive so we are extending the application deadline through Friday, March 14. As always, we are here to support you as best we can as you prepare your submission. If you have any EDEX-related questions or need assistance, please contact Stacy Washington at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have already submitted your EDEX application, we thank you for your participation and wish you the best of luck!
The Education Excellence Awards recognize programs in Michigan’s local and intermediate public school districts that positively reflect the innovative spirit in today’s schools and measurably improve student achievement. This year’s Education Excellence Awards program has been reimagined to showcase as many programs as possible.
What’s New this Year
This year is the grand 20th celebration of the Education Excellence Awards program. MASB and SET SEG Foundation have been honored to sponsor and highlight many excellent programs over the years. To celebrate this major milestone, MASB and SET SEG decided to roll out Education Excellence 20.
- More Winners. As programs have become increasingly more innovative, it’s been difficult to select just nine winners. This year, the top 20 point earners will each win the same monetary award.
- Simplified Categories. Four broader categories have been introduced, allowing you to more easily identify where your program fits best.
- Updated Criteria. The Education Excellence Awards better align with today’s K-12/intermediate educational needs and priorities.
- Streamlined Application. Register online. Submitting your application is easier and faster than ever.
Education Excellence Award Winners are Recognized Locally and Statewide
- Winning programs/school districts are spotlighted in MASB news releases sent to state and local media.
- MASB endorses winners’ applications to present clinics at the National School Boards Association Conference.
- Winners are expected to participate in a poster session during the Michigan Association of School Boards’ Annual Conference on Saturday, November 8, 2014, in Grand Rapids.
Download the application for more details on eligibility, the award process, criteria and categories. Submissions for 2014 are due no later than March 14.
We encourage you to promote this great opportunity for recognition within your school district. For more information, please direct your administrators to this section of the MASB's website or feel free to contact Stacy Washington at email@example.com or 517.327.5936.
History of the Education Excellence Awards
In 1994, MASB decided that Michigan's school districts needed help creating public awareness of the great things happening in classrooms across the state. Central to this goal was the desire to provide a vehicle for telling the good news and for strengthening confidence in public education.
In 2000, MASB invited SET SEG School Insurance Specialists to partner in celebrating school excellence. With SET SEG's exclusive sponsorship and generous financial support, MASB has significantly enhanced the annual Education Excellence Awards Program
The Education Excellence Award program recognizes original, innovative programs in various categories that positively affect student achievement in local and intermediate school districts.
In the searchable directory below are brief descriptions and contact persons for all of the winners of MASB's Education Excellence Award program since 1994. You can search by region, program category or level for exemplary programs serving kids throughout Michigan—a great tool for curriculum directors, principals and school improvement committees. We hope you will join us in saluting these outstanding educators.
MASB's Education Excellence Awards are generously sponsored by
SET SEG School Insurance Specialists.
Search Past Winners