Measure Your Board’s Performance With MASB’s New Online Survey Tool
|The sample report contains the questions and categories included in the survey.
A board self-assessment is a key step on the road to governance excellence. A fundamental part of quality leadership is regularly evaluating how the board is doing.
A board self-assessment serves many purposes, including:
- Fostering healthy dialogue
- Improving the board’s understanding of its roles and responsibilities
- Gathering the perceptions of all board members
- Identifying next steps for board development
- Demonstrating continuous improvement
MASB encourages boards to develop a strong commitment to regularly evaluate and improve their practices and procedures, and is available to help member boards meet this important challenge.
MASB’s new board self-assessment tool includes 75 questions that have been validated and are based on best practice research covering the following categories:
- Academic Performance/Accountability
- Board Responsibilities
- Board Effectiveness
- Data-Driven Decisionmaking
- Board/Superintendent Relations
- Community Engagement/Advocacy
The results are compiled by MASB ensuring anonymity and open feedback. A board self-assessment report and brief summary are provided free-of-charge to member districts.
In addition to the free-of-charge option, two additional format choices are available to participating districts at an affordable cost:
- Free self-assessment results with brief summary and a written analysis; complete with recommendations for board development in the identified areas of need - $350
- Above items plus a MASB-facilitated, 3-3.5 hour workshop customized to address your board’s survey results - $750
If you have any questions, please contact the Leadership Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517.327.5918.