One-stop access to:
- The most respected educational thinkers and innovators
- CBA classes for school board members at all stages of board service
- A variety of clinic sessions
- Opportunities to connect with school-related vendors and peers
Register Online Here
Nov. 6 – 9, 2014
Amway Grand Plaza Hotel and DeVos Place, Grand Rapids
Enhance Your Board Experience at MASB’s Annual Leadership Conference and Exhibit Show
Every year, MASB puts together a great line-up of speakers, workshops and events to help you strengthen your leadership skills and go back to your district ready to help students succeed.
Both new and veteran board members will have the opportunity to network, share ideas and gain new perspectives and innovative solutions to the challenges facing public education—and to enhance your experience as a board member and servant leader.
In addition to keynote speakers, you have the opportunity to choose from a wide array of clinic sessions to tailor your conference experience to your district’s specific challenges and interests.
NEW! Registration Options to Fit Every Need
- Early Bird Sessions, including the Urban and MCSA Conferences on Thursday
- Annual Leadership Conference on Friday and Saturday (attend one or both days)
- CBA Classes Taking Place Thursday - Sunday
NEW! Reduced Rates Offered for:
- Board members, superintendents and administrative professionals who have never attended a MASB Annual Leadership Conference will receive 50 percent off the registration rate!
- Superintendents will attend for free if a majority of their board is there too.
NEW! Featured General Session Speakers for Friday and Saturday
- Cile Chavez, M.Ed., Ed.D.—The Power and Promise of Modeling Transformational Leadership
- Ron Crouch, M.A., M.S.S.W., M.B.A.—Demographic, Educational, Workforce and Economic Trends Impacting Education
- David Berliner, M.A., Ph.D.—Author of 50 Myths and Lies That Threaten America's Public Schools
- Anthony Muhammad, Ph.D.—Creating and Sustaining Student-Centered Learning Environments
CBA Classes at ALC
The Annual Leadership Conference is a great opportunity to load up or catch-up on a variety of CBA classes. Offered for all experience levels, CBA classes will get you up-to-speed on the latest education-related information, and help you learn your role to be most effective. With numerous courses being offered throughout the conference, there are many that will peak your interest and arm you with new ideas.
Why It Matters
We hope you’ll join us and set an example for the students and staff in your district by making a commitment to continuous self-improvement and life-long learning.