Periodic board self assessments can be a very helpful way for boards to evaluate their performance and to determine those areas which need attention. The benefits of board self assessments include:
- Board accountability
- Open communication among board members
- Insight into decision making
- Improvement of board professionalism
- Clear understanding of roles and responsibilities
- Identification of strengths and weaknesses
- Effective and productive goal setting
MASB offers two options for boards that wish to have their self-evaluation process facilitated.
MASB will send each board member an electronic evaluation. We will tally the results and provide a workshop with recommendations based on the results. Cost: $750
MASB will send each board member an electronic evaluation. When the results are complete, MASB will provide the results to the district and the board will complete its own analysis and evaluation of the results. Cost: $350
For more information, contact Director of Leadership Services Karen Cross, 517.327.5934.
Board Self Evaluation Booklet